What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- when you set up a login for an account:
- your name;
- your email, or information from your Facebook or Google accounts if you choose these options;
- your gender;
- your postcode;
- your role in caring for the individual that is the subject of the profile/s connected to the account;
- a profile picture that you have upload;
- when you set up a profile about yourself or another individual:
- date of birth;
- sensitive information (including health information) as set out below;
- sensitive health information such as;
- information about general wellbeing; and
- action plans for medical conditions, such as asthma.
- other information we may collect from you:
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including user behaviour inside the mobile application as part of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, and your communications with our online Services;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
- when you set up a login for an account:
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to create an account;
- to enable you to access and use our Services and any associated applications;
- to enable you to view and edit your information;
- to allow you to invite others users to create logins or to create their own account;
- to contact and communicate with you, including in response to any support requests;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, to monitor use, quality and performance, including to operate and improve our Services and associated applications;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Collection and use of sensitive information
Provided you consent (or consent on behalf of a child or an otherwise incapacitated adult), the sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, including provision of our Services to you.
If you provide us information about an individual that is not you and you are not legally able to consent on their behalf (e.g. they are an adult and they are not mentally incapacitated), you warrant to us that you have obtained the informed consent of the individual about whom the sensitive information relates, to provide that sensitive information to us.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to assist us in providing our services to you, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
How we store your information
We may store your information in electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves in Australia, or that are owned and operated by our service providers which are situated in Australia.
We will comply with all relevant legislation governing health records.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict and unsubscribe: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. You may also unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of marketing communications by using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure such as encryption on transit and while stored as part of the Services on our online database.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
We may use web beacons on our website from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Family HQ Pty Ltd ACN 76 633 933 285
Last update: 13 November 2019